job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $26.53 - 31.22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
We are seeking a qualified research associate (contractor) to join our team that focuses on protein characterization using mass spectrometry-based technologies in gene therapy/cell therapy. The successful candidate will design and carry out experiments, perform analyses and interpret analytical data to characterize proteins. The individual will work closely with our team members to conduct analytical work for multiple projects in BioAnalytics within Genomic Medicine Unit
- Responsible for the execution and analysis of experiments and analytical procedures.
- Display an investigative or technological orientation in designing, executing and interpreting experiments and analytical procedures.
- Investigate basic technical problems and performs routine scientific procedures and experiments under general supervision.
- Plan and prioritize concurrent experimental procedures. Integrate, compile, and tabulate data and assist supervisor in the analysis and interpretation of the results.
- May provide oral presentations on results to other department members.
- Work under active supervision.
- Follow established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Frequent internal company contacts. Infrequent inter- departmental and outside constituent contacts on routine matters.
- Years of Experience: 2+ Years
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related life science fields
- The candidate must have excellent analytical laboratory instrumentation and protein analytics skills.
- A practical experience in sample preparation and HPLC analysis are required.
- Hands on experience in operating and maintaining mass spectrometers and biophysics techniques such as DLS are highly desirable.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, attending to detail, and a good oral and written communicator.
- The candidate must be able to work well in a team environment and have good problem solving skills.
skills: HPLC, Biology, Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.