job summary: **IMMEDIATELY SEEKING
a highly motivated and experienced candidate to join our client's Sr. Scientists on their Process Development team. Our client is working to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based therapeutics and vaccines. *
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Apply deep knowledge in nucleic acid research to lead mRNA process platform development
- Lead screening, optimization, and scale-up efforts on enzymatic reaction and IVT synthesis including plasmid digestion, mRNA synthesis, nucleobase modifications and post-transcriptional modifications.
- Design and execute DOE studies & high-throughput screen for process improvements and advancements
- Support the development of automated mRNA production process to supply high-quality mRNA for lead candidate screen
- Support the development of robust physicochemical, chromatographic, and molecular and cell-based assays for in-process controls and final product release testing.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including CMC scientists to develop mRNA production strategies to meet ambitious project timeline.
- PhD with 4+ years (preferred) of directly related
- Strong understanding of nucleic acid chemistry, enzymatic and chemical reactions, and mRNA process at bench and larger scales.
- Strong hands-on skills in nucleic acid handling and manipulation including plasmid preparation, in vitro transcription, purification, and cleanup is a must.
- Proficient in analytical technologies including HPLC, agarose gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, qPCR, ELISA is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.