As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 33.24 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Analytical Development department is seeking a motivated and energetic person to evaluate a new technology for its potential implementation as a Process Analytical Tool for the in-process characterization of drug substances and drug products at the company. The group focuses on developing novel methods for the characterization of biopharmaceuticals, interfaces with other groups at the company to help them answer structural/functional questions about their biotherapeutic samples, and supports internal and partner projects to deliver required biophysical data that is an integral part of regulatory filings.
Microfluidic modulation spectroscopy (MMS) is a new infra-red (IR)-based technology primarily geared toward the characterization of protein-based therapeutic products. The contractor will evaluate the MMS technology and its ability to detect conformational changes in proteins as they go through the different stages of manufacturing. In addition, the contractor will compare the MMS technology to other, more traditional IR-based methods such as FTIR and Raman spectroscopy in terms of their sensitivity to variants.
- Collaborate with group members to generate samples which mimic the real-life conditions that the proteins would experience during the manufacturing process.
- Work with the vendor to coordinate onboarding of instrument, schedule and undergo training, collaborate to advance the project, and troubleshoot any issues that might come up.
- Work with other group members to train on existing methods such as FTIR and Raman spectroscopy.
- Design experiments and execute them, analyze data, write reports, and create presentations to share the work with others in the department.
- BS with 3 years of experience or MS with no experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Desired majors include: biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology, biochemical engineering or equivalent.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Theoretical background in biophysical characterization of proteins is desired.
- Prior experience with FTIR and/or Raman spectroscopy is preferred.
skills: Data Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.