job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Temecula, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Data mine the chemical formulation of products to support GHS hazard assessments for Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for the company's commercial and research products in compliance with applicable hazard communication regulations.
- Communicate with various departments to ensure detailed compositional and physical property data required for the product's hazard assessment are provided. Gather and review raw material health, safety, and regulatory data.
- Communicate with external suppliers to request detailed compositional and physical property data required for hazard assessment. Gather and review raw material health, safety, and regulatory data.
- Ability to identify the final product formulation and convert the formulation into the compositional format required for GHS hazard classification.
- Partner with toxicologist and other regulatory personnel to ensure compositional data meets product safety and compliance requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely information to internal and external customers.
- Create and maintain product reports and documentation as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology or other life sciences and a minimum of 1-3 years' experience.
- Experience as a laboratory technician in a quality lab, research lab, biotech lab
- Experience working with laboratory reagents
- Experience calculating how to make different types of reagents.
- Knowledge of how to identify a biological component.
- Knowledge of SAP, SAP EHS and/or Oracle preferred
- Excellent Microsoft suite skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere and to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex databases
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple assignments concurrently
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.