We are in search of a Research Associate with experience in genomic DNA/RNA services. This role will give you the opportunity to work on a multi-disciplinary team to help develop NGS-based library prep assays and participate in the development of sample-to-report NGS products for the diagnostic market.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 32 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Plan and execute various laboratory activities with limited instruction
- Automated and manual library preparation of commercially released and in-development Library Prep Protocols
- Manage goals within defined target timeframes
- Day-to-day communication with customers
- Perform data analysis; write reports and present results and project assessments
- Experienced with nucleic acids and DNA/RNA processing enzymes
- Knowledge of DNA characterization methods: qPCR, Bioanalyzer, and fluorescence plate readers
- Strong troubleshooting and optimization experience
- Ability to think and work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Must be a creative, passionate, detail oriented person with excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a desire to be part of a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be fluent in use of Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of NGS secondary analysis techniques desirable
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, In Vitro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.