Sr. Scientist III
job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 52.76 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Perform capillary electrophoresis, HPLC and/or mass spectrometry testing and other protein characterization techniques to support development of therapeutic antibodies, antibody variants, and ADCs.
- Contribute to the development of CE, icIEF, HPLC, and/or MS methods to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and their associated variants and impurities. Troubleshoot HPLC, CE, MS instrumentation and method issues.
- Transfer developed methods to other functions internally or third party CMOs
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field with 6+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Must possess a solid understanding of protein chemistry and biochemistry, particularly as it relates to biotherapeutic protein drug development.
- Experience with intact reduced MS and peptide mapping is highly preferred.
- Experience with Empower, Protein Metrics and Biopharma software is preferred.
- Experience developing and performing capillary electrophoresis, HPLC protein characterization assays (e.g. SEC, IEX, RP, HIC) is preferred.
- Experience with Waters and Vanquish HPLCs is preferred.
- Experience with method qualification/validation of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is preferred.
- Ability to learn new techniques, follow instructions, attention to detail.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be meticulous in notebook documentation and keep good record of experiments.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and managing multiple concurrent assignments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.