job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 52.76 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The Precision Medicine Translational Oncology group is committed to drive translational and biomarker efforts for our oncology pipeline.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for oncology research, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- He/she will be responsible for contributing to efforts to identifying pharmacodynamic biomarkers, tumor indications, patient sensitivity and selection biomarkers, and mechanism-based drug combinations for Company's Oncology pipeline.
- The candidate is expected to have strong scientific foundation in the understanding and implementation of a wide range of biochemical, molecular, and cell-based assays and readouts. The successful candidate will work both within the Translational Oncology group and as a member of cross-functional interdisciplinary teams.
- BS or MS degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Oncology or other biology discipline with 8+ years of related lab work experience in either academia or industry or a PhD.
- Experience with immunological techniques (flow cytometry, intracellular staining, cytotoxicity assays, ELISA, ELISpot, etc.) primary cell culture, tissue processing, as well as standard molecular biology and biochemical techniques
- Experience with human or mouse primary sample processing and cell based functional assay is highly desirable
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills as well as excellence and productivity in independent research
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment
skills: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Flow Cytometry, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.