As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Valencia, California
job type: Contract
salary: $34.21 - 40.25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Perform clinical testing for SARS-CoV-2 according to standard operating procedures
- Maintain legible work records
- Enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Track and, if specifically trained, perform equipment maintenance
- Follow instructions from supervisors
- Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with, laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree meeting course requirements for CLS licensure in California.
BS, MS, or PhD degrees in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology OR
Associate Degree in Laboratory Science or Clinical Laboratory Science OR
High School graduate prior to April 25, 1995 AND
Gradated from a medical laboratory or clinical laboratory training program OR
US Military Medical Laboratory Specialist certification Preferred Qualifications:
- Licensed in California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) preferred
- Certification, as required for CLS licensure, by ASCP, ASCPi, AAB, or AMT preferred
*1-5 years clinical laboratory experience, preferred
- Good, accurate computer skills
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines Working Conditions:
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory.
- Weekend rotation may be required.
- Travel is not required. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.