job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company, known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field, and impact the quality of life for customers, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 19 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Provide subject matter expertise of product coverage, insurance benefit coverage, Company sponsored co-pay cards and alternative forms of coverage for supported products.
- Assists patients with treatment compliance by scheduling and entering medication orders into the pharmacy information system.
- Enter patient demographic, health insurance, specific clinical/financial information, and prescription information into the pharmacy information system and notify the physician of any incomplete or incorrect prescription information; captures and updates patient Medical Profiles including medications, allergies, and medical conditions.
- Assist the pharmacist in the practice of pharmacy in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, HIPAA guidelines, and corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Meet performance standards in alignment with predefined metrics.
- Contact patients to inform them of benefits and estimated out of pocket expense.
- Identifies potential Adverse Event situations for reporting to Pharmacovigilence ensuring Company meets FDA regulations.
- Completes all required training perform all functions in the position e.g., Soft Skills certification, product and disease overviews.
- Maintain current pharmacy technician licensure and CE requirements as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or College Degree Preferred.
- Previous experience in a call center environment, healthcare office, corporate setting, or healthcare insurance provider or pharmacy is highly desirable.
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician, especially in a specialty pharmacy or mail-order pharmacy setting, is desirable.
- Understanding and knowledge of commercial and major medical insurance programs, billing requirements, healthcare benefit investigation processes, prior authorization and appeal filings.
- Must have accuracy, attention to detail, and fluency in the use of computers. Ability to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Must have organization and problem solving skills to handle patient conversations identify issues and address needs.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Program Suite and Lotus Notes Suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Must have knowledge of private payers, pharmacy benefits, medical benefits, Medicare Part D, Medicaid and alternate funding resources.
- Ability to maintain professional communication skills and an understanding of how to maintain a courteous attitude toward customers and fellow employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.