job summary: **IMMEDIATE TEMP TO PERM OPPORTUNITY**
Seeking a 3rd Shift Lab Tech who has experience working in the lab, preferably in the food industry.
location: Reading, Pennsylvania
job type: Temporary
salary: $15 - 16 per hour
work hours: 11 to 7
education: High School
- Perform receiving lab duties including weighing trucks, observing sample collections, and preparation of receiving tickets.
- Evaluate truck shipments for acceptance based upon established criteria.
- Complete entry into the computer systems and generate requested reports.
- Perform testing using the Near Infra-red methods, scorch tests, acidity tests, sink work, and other appropriate lab equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions and media required for laboratory testing. Sterilize equipment as needed.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Prefer two year applied science degree in Food Science, Dairy Science or Microbiology
- 1 year experience in a food laboratory or similar role
skills: FDA, Food Product Development, USDA
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.