job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: Novato, California
job type: Contract
salary: $25.50 - 30.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The Quality Control Analyst is responsible for performing microbiological, biochemical and chemical tests of in-process product, equipment, and manufacturing facilities.
- The incumbent will be responsible for performing microbiological and analytical testing under cGMP guidelines.
- Functional activities may include: performing a wide variety of tests for microbiological, biochemical, and chemical assays, supporting process validation studies, conducting investigations, analytical method or equipment validation, assay method/procedure development, and reagent preparation.
- The position requires knowledge of but is not limited to: HPLC, Enzyme activity, protein by UV spectrophotometry or Bradford/BCA, kinetic chromogenic endotoxin, bio burden determination, Total Organic Carbon, microbial identification, aseptic techniques, microbial challenge studies, microbiological method validation, and other similar analysis methods.
- Work assignments will encompass activities from routine to complex in nature with the ability to recognize deviations from the accepted or routine practice.
- The incumbent will be responsible for completing assignments in a timely manner, for assay troubleshooting, data trending, and for follow-up on any testing issues.
- The incumbent should be able to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks.Good record keeping, organizational, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- The incumbent must be willing to work second shift, overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
- Perform microbiological/ biochemical/ chemical analyses of in-process product, facility and utility testing under cGMP to meet specified timelines.
- Assist with the preparation of investigations, technical reports and trend reports
- Support method validation, transfer, routine, and non-routine study protocols.
- Control laboratory inventories.
- Maintain the laboratory in an inspection ready state.
- Provide backup support of analytical chemistry/biochemistry assays for Analytical and Raw Materials Groups.
- Provide on call coverage for Action level conditions to support production testing and quality control laboratory equipment
- Must have a quality service attitude and be willing to work additional hours to meet production or laboratory requirements when necessary.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in a Biological or Biochemical Science with at least 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience or Associates of Science with at least 4 years of relevant laboratory experience. QC cGMP experience beneficial.
- Experience in quality control practices, current Good Manufacturing Practices or Good Laboratory Practices.
- Demonstrated working knowledge related to specific functional activities
- Ability to perform most tasks with supervision.• Computer literacy is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required; experience with Access and PowerPoint a plus
- Must have excellent record keeping, written and verbal skills.
- Experienced with microbiological methodologies and a variety of analytical instrumentation; capable of troubleshooting assays.
- Efficient in scheduling and facilitating the execution of routine and non-routine testing.
skills: HPLC, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.