job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Focusing on immune diseases like HIV that affect a large percentage of the population, the work our longtime partner conducts is imperative to a better, healthier future. To be recognized as a crucial part to furthering this goal, join this growing team now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40.54 - 47.70 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The successful applicant will become fluent in these areas of chemistry while working as part of a highly productive team to synthesize developable drug molecules based on our selection results. ELT Chemistry plays a key role in developing and evolving increasingly efficient strategies to accelerate the critical stages of hit identification and hit-to-lead chemistry, which in turn will transition higher quality molecules into leadoptimization.
- A successful candidate has a basic expertise in synthetic chemistry and modern synthetic methods with the agility to learn methods relevant to the group.
- The role will challenge the successful applicant to implement workflows in medicinal chemistry, compound design and high throughput chemistry.
- The chemist will work to support 's small molecule portfolio and investment that was publicly disclosed in 2018 with an exclusive multi-year collaboration with 23andMe, giving access to novel genetically-associated targets with a greater likelihood to translate to human disease, ultimately allowing to bring therapies to patients so they can do more, feel better, and live longer
- Broad knowledge and understanding of organic reactions, recent methodologies, reaction mechanisms, and awareness of recent developments in the literature
- Experience in reaction telescoping, flow chemistry, streamlined mix-synthesis, oligonucleotide synthesis (solution and solid phase), and/or novel combinatorial chemistry e.g. DOS, oligosaccharide, and natural products.
- Understanding of affinity based selection, e.g. DNA encoded libraries, ASMS, or combinatorial mixtures in parallel or on beads.
- Motivated and driven to tackle new synthetic challenges and to design and develop time and cost-saving synthetic strategies
- Demonstrated laboratory experience in analytical instrumentation particularly LC/MS and HPLC
- Good understanding of key medicinal chemistry concepts including Hit confirmation, Hit to Lead process and proficiency with structure-activity relationship (SAR) study assessment.
skills: HPLC, Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.