As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Focusing on immune diseases like HIV that affect a large percentage of the population, the work our longtime partner conducts is imperative to a better, healthier future. To be recognized as a crucial part to furthering this goal, join this growing team now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $25.36 - 29.84 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Biology Group within the Encoded Library Techonology (ELT) team. As a member of the ELT Biology Group, you will learn about our DNA encoded chemical libraries (DELs) platform and adapt our processes to basic robotic liquid handlers. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to support small molecule drug discovery programs across . You will also be exposed to additional technologies and techniques used by the ELT team in our discovery programs.
The candidate will have an understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry, or a closely related discipline. Hands on experience with molecular biology (e.g. PCR/qPCR), biochemical techniques (e.g. affinity selection, affinity purification, SDS-PAGE) are required. In addition, the preferred candidate will have experience with liquid handling robots and developing automated workflows. Experience could be in an academic setting or the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry. A detail oriented individual demonstrating the ability to work in a team environment is critical, including good communication and organizational skills, a strong desire to succeed, and the ability to deliver on time.
- BS/MS degree in biology, biochemistry, or related field
- BS with 1-4 years experience or MS with 0+ years experience in industrial or academic laboratory setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g. PCR, qPCR, affinity selections, SDS-PAGE, etc.)
- Experience with (or knowledge of) computer software packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience developing liquid handling protocols on lab automation instrumentation (e.g. Bluecat Bio Washer, Integra AssistPlus, Agilent Bravo)
- Detail-oriented individual with experience maintaining accurate and complete laboratory records
- Can work independently while in a team setting, with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a biotech / pharmaceutical organization
- Ability to design and execute experiments to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
skills: Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.