job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 34 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Plan and execute various laboratory activities with limited instruction
- Participate in product development activities, including various aspects of planning, feasibility, operation, and transfer
- Manage goals within defined target timeframes
- Perform data analysis; write reports and present results and project assessments
- Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position.
- Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Experienced with nucleic acids and DNA/RNA processing enzymes
- Knowledge of the principles of reaction kinetics and molecular interactions
- Knowledge of DNA characterization methods: qPCR, Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, fluorescence plate readers
- Strong troubleshooting and optimization experience
- Ability to think and work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Must be a creative, passionate, detail oriented person with excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a desire to be part of a fast-paced and dynamic development environment
- Must be fluent in use of Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Experience with NovaSeq, NextSeq, or MiSeq operation strongly preferred
- Experience with Company's sample prep methods strongly preferred
- Experience with RNA-seq and gene expression analysis strongly preferred
- Knowledge of NGS secondary analysis techniques desirable
- Knowledge of immuno-oncology desirable
- Product development experience, including assay optimization, reagent development, integration and testing, transfer to production and documentation
- All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
skills: PCR, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.