As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Focusing on immune diseases like HIV that affect a large percentage of the population, the work our longtime partner conducts is imperative to a better, healthier future. To be recognized as a crucial part to furthering this goal, join this growing team now!
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $76.34 - 89.82 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work with technical project team members to build a non-clinical drug development plans using a defined work package library. Facilitate conversations to clarify interdependencies of work packages across the various technical work streams.
- Create, monitor and control accurate and integrated project plans against which resource demand is realistically forecasted and understood to enable decision making (e.g. establish and manage budgets and resource for both outsourced and internal activities.)
- Influence direction of project development utilizing data, scenario planning and insights to aid decision making.
- Conduct periodic health checks of the Plans to ensure quality of project planning and control.
- Provide credible data, insight and recommendations to enable cross portfolio reviews and to facilitate project and resource prioritization discussions.
- Ensure a risk management plan is active and routinely discussed in the matrix team.
- Comply with all corporate governance requirements, such as project information documentation and retention and compliance training.
- Complete training and maintain competence against the project management curriculum including PMP or PRINCE2 certification. Maintain awareness of Project Management practice in the pharmaceutical and other industries.
- Minimum Level of Education* BSc in chemistry or bio/chemical engineering with experience in the development or manufacture of pharmaceuticals
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
- Knowledge and experience with the technical packages that are required to deliver a new small molecule, biopharm or cell & gene therapy medicine, whether from a Supply Chain, Drug Substance, Drug Product or Analytical background.
- Ability to lead and influence matrix projects teams in the design and execution of project plans including utilization of resources (FTE and external budget).
- A performance-driven individual, with a strong sense of urgency, exceptional organizational credibility, and deep understanding of the business.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of skills in all relevant components of project management, including management of scope, time, cost, quality, integration, influence & negotiation, communications, risk, and scenario planning across all project management focus areas (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing GSK R&D projects).
- Practical experience in a previous project management role and, ideally, certification in PMP, APM or PRINCE2.
- Demonstrated ability in relevant soft skills including change management, continuous improvement, conflict resolution and consensus building.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.