As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 46.52 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The successful candidate will join an exciting, fast-paced biotherapeutic generation and engineering group focused on utilizing world leading discovery technology and driven to create novel treatments to make a large impact on patients lives in the fields of cancer, GI, CNS, and rare disease. The incumbent will be responsible for independently performing complex research lab assignments while contributing to the discovery and engineering of therapeutic biologics, including antibodies, VHH, alternative platforms, and multispecific large molecules. This position will require the candidate to draw upon previous related experience while being expected to learn new skills and techniques as the program or active campaign requires. This is a 2021 calendar year contract position.
- Discovering novel antibody or antibody-based fragments and modalities by utilizing world class technologies including yeast display, phage display, single B cell isolation and cloning.
- Perform complicated flow cytometry experiments, including sorting by utilizing BD Canto and ARIAIII systems
- Isolate RNA and amplify variable domains from primary cells
- Independently conducts complex experiments within a project scope, exercising judgement to evaluate a variety of technical factors, and obtain optimum solutions
- PhD (0+), MS (1+), BS (4+) in molecular Biology/ Structural Biology/ Protein Engineering/ Biochemistry/ or Immunology with research experience in the field related to Antibody Generation, Protein Engineering, Molecular Biology, or immunology/cancer biology. Industry experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in molecular biology techniques including PCR. Experience working with and growing yeast and/or antibody generation is a plus.
- Proficient at flow cytometry, including experience with ARIA and/or Canto instruments. Experience with flow cytometry software including but not limited to Flowjo or Diva.
- Driven independent investigator who excels at working in a fast-paced team-focused environment who has a deep desire to make an impact on patients lives by working in a Biopharmaceutical environment.
skills: Flow Cytometry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.