job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The mission of the Biology Research group is to conduct preclinical research evaluating potential therapeutics for severe rare diseases with unmet medical needs.
The Research Associate will partner closely with a team of scientists to provide technical assistance and support. He/She will primarily be responsible for sample processing and tissue extraction and will perform a variety of assays to assess pharmacokinetics, efficacy and mechanism of action of potential therapeutics.
- Receive, organize and manage tissue samples.
- Tissue processing such as the preparation of protein extracts and DNA/RNA extraction.
- Conduct biochemical assays such as ELISA, enzyme activity and Western Blot.
- Perform molecular assays such as qPCR and ddPCR.
- Thoroughly document procedures and results.
- Assist with lab organization as needed.
qualifications: Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or genetics with at least 4 years of experience; Master's degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with handling animal tissues is desired.
- Candidates with previous laboratory experience in DNA/RNA purification, PCR, ELISA and Western Blot will be preferred.
- Ability to follow protocols to perform experiments.
- Willingness to learn new molecular and biochemical procedures.
- The position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivation, teamwork, and dedication to quality in a fast-paced setting.
skills: PCR, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.