job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 33.54 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- We are searching for a highly motivated Chemist III/IV to join with our Protein Analytics team at Company Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. Our team is responsible for the development, qualification, and execution of analytical methods to provide product and process understanding for biological entities from discovery through commercial stages.
- As a Chemist III/IV, you will be a part of the Analytical Characterization Group (ACG) within the Protein Analytics Department. ACG focuses on providing routine, investigative, and in-depth characterization analyses of Company's biologics to support product and process development for early-phase, late-phase, and commercial programs using liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS), spectroscopy, and various other biophysical assays.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the development and performance of analytical assays and will contribute to the continuous improvement and innovation within ACG and the Protein Analytics Department.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with the following instrumentation: HPLC/UPLC and Mass Spectrometry. Strong documentation skills (for electronic laboratory notebook record keeping), laboratory bench skills (for sample preparation), and communication skills (for discussing/presenting results). Good fundamental understanding of biopharmaceuticals (such as proteins, monoclonal antibodies, etc.) and analytical/biophysical characterization techniques.
- BS (4+ years experience), MS (2+ years experience), or PhD (0 years of experience) in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related technical discipline.
skills: HPLC, MS-WORD
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.