job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Internationally known for creating cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals for patients who live with rare genetic diseases, our partner strives to develop critical therapies for the small population - mostly children - that suffer from near unheard of conditions. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference with an established company, this is the position for you!
location: San Rafael, California
job type: Contract
salary: $38.25 - 45.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Work independently as part of a team for cell culture maintenance of cell lines and primary cells to perform highly technical cell-based assays to evaluate target biology.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions
- Develop new techniques or brings in new technology to enhance the analytical capabilities of the group.
- Record and notebook-keeping
- Present data and participate in discussion in group meetings, department meetings, and Early Development team meetings as necessary.
- Prepare SOPs and other reports and documents to support nonclinical and clinical programs and associated regulatory submissions. This includes qualification protocols, qualification reports, memoranda, and data reports for testing results.
- Share responsibility for lab management duties.
- Cell culture (experience with primary cells is highly preferred), transduction, transfection, cell-based assays.
- Nucleic acid and protein extraction, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) and western blot
- Perform quantitative analysis within and across multiple experiments, including basic statistical and graphical analysis.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
BA/BS in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics with 4-8 years of experience in industry.
skills: Molecular Biology, Biology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.