As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $15.30 - 18.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Performs clinical laboratory tests and procedures to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in humans.
- Primarily responsible for clinical testing of SARS-CoV-2 specimens according to SOP
- Accession and organize tests to be performed
- Performs extraction and RT-PCR for downstream analysis
- Conducts quality control checks of nasopharyngeal, anterior nasal and oropharyngeal swabs, etc.
- Reviews quality control results for samples, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment according to established schedule and procedure
- Records on equipment log any repairs, replacement and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a physical science such as chemistry, biology, molecular biology or medical technology.
- 0-1 year clinical laboratory experience. Preferred experience in a BSL2 lab.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend rotation will be required.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
skills: Chemistry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.