job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Melrose Park, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $28.00 - 32.50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Provide support to EHS Manager in maintaining EHS programs designed to mitigate workplace injuries and illnesses and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with the EHS Manager to introduce best in class practices and establish an effective EH&S culture.
- Function as a subject matter expert for Safety, Health and Environmental issues.
- Ensure corrective and preventative measures (action plans) are completed and effective for incidents including injuries, illnesses and close calls.
- Ensure systems are in place to encourage the reporting of all accidents, injuries (regardless of severity) and especially close call events (near misses) and that they are being investigated in a timely fashion.
- Deliver workplace training and coaching, including administering the Respiratory Protection Program and other programs as required or necessary.
- Support the Employee Safety Committee(s) and partner with area safety representatives.
- Coordinate and lead the site Emergency response teams and participants (e.g. First Aid, Fire Extinguisher and HAZWOPER.)
- Assist with environmental program/permitting inspections, monitoring and reporting (e.g., MWRDGC Discharge Authorization, ISO 14001, IEPA Annual Emission Report, Cook County Department of Environment and Sustainability, Cook County Liquid Hazardous Waste Reporting, SPCC Plan, etc.) and supporting site hazardous waste management efforts.
- Assist with the Laboratory Safety program, Hazard Communication and SDS management efforts.
- Assist with reporting of site EHS metrics to Global and Regional EHS, and to the local operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the EH&S Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or an equivalent program
- Three to five years of experience in Health & Safety, preferably in a manufacturing facility with pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently or collaboratively
- Advance computer systems knowledge: Office 365, Outlook
- Some flexibility with working hours
- Hazwoper certification preferred, but not required
- Experience with ISO 14001 and/or 50001 preferred, but not required
skills: Health and Safety Monitoring
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.