job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $18.00 - 21.79 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Independently perform routine drug metabolism assays and generate high quality data, noting significant deviations to be elevated to senior staff.
- Operate laboratory liquid handling automation platforms and effectively troubleshoot when issues arise.
- Collaborate with department team members including Bioanalytical counterparts to ensure seamless and timely execution of in vitro drug metabolism studies.
- Learn drug metabolism assays including but not limited to microsomal and hepatocyte stability, CYP Inhibition, PAMPA, and protein binding.
- Interact with scientists at all levels and effectively communicate results.
- B.S or M.S in Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and 1+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiarity with DMPK assays
- Experience with liquid handling systems such as Hamilton, Beckman and/or Tecan is highly desired.
- Experience with multi-channel electronic and manual pipettors
- Ability to follow established scientific protocols without deviation and willing to bring concerns to Sr. Staff
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail and a proven ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
- Passion for data analysis, solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals.
skills: Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, DMPK
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.