As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $30.00 - 35.10 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
This position will conduct development and scale up of solid phase synthesis processes of oligonucleotides for the manufacturing, as well as processes for starting materials for oligonucleotide synthesis. This position may also perform organic process research and development of small molecules, oligonucleotides and their conjugates. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and conduct of laboratory experiments to optimize the solid-phase manufacturing processes of oligonucleotides for large scale synthesis of the products in high quality and low cost, to understand, control, and eliminate process-related impurities, and to improve starting material processes and quality.
- Write research reports and present research internally and externally.
- Perform organic process research and development of small molecules, oligonucleotides, and conjugates.
- Data analysis using analytical instrument including but not limited to NMR, HPLC and MS.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in organic chemistry or related discipline with 0-2 years of experience beyond graduate work.
- Areas of specialization should reside in the fields of synthetic organic chemistry with a deep understanding of reactivity and reaction mechanism.
- Experience in nucleosides, nucleotides, oligonucleotides, solid phase synthesis, automation or programming of instruments, such as oligonucleotide synthesizer, is preferred but not required.
- The abilities to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment, design and execute experiments, interpret data, and effectively communicate in written and oral forms are essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.