The Manufacturing Specialist assists in the development and implementation of optimal, cost-effective external manufacturing methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards, maintains relationships and communication with external manufacturers and vendors, and coordinates product supply activities.
location: Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Maintains communication with external manufacturers and vendors to ensure adequate product supply.
- Coordinate supplier's operations including but not limited to: manufacturing, planning, inventory control, manufacturing projects, cost controls, work standards and administration.
- Establish and lead regular business review meetings with suppliers and drive continuous improvement of their operations.
- Review and align the production schedules for assigned supplier portfolio with internal Planning and ensure established inventory levels are met.
- Monitor and record supplier performance and ensure all KPI's are met.
- Assists department head in analyzing manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency.
- Coordinates and manages internal/external labeling.
- Maintains/revises/creates new documents within a Quality Management System (QMS).
- Assesses and tracks external manufacturing partners for progress and status purposes.
- Works and partners cross-functionally, primarily with Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar.
- Minimum 2+ years' experience in a GMP, FDA, and ISO regulated environment.
- Demonstrated customer centricity.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Experience with documentation and quality systems.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment.
- Graphics experience (product labeling) a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work (network) environments.
- Experience in a healthcare/diagnostics environment is preferred; background in external manufacturing and/or operations is preferred
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.