We are in search of helping our client build out their staff in a cutting edge cosmetic R&D facility. This role is a first shift position, working Monday through Friday.
As a senior member of the team we are looking to identify a professional that is not only at the top of the industry but is ready to work with and mentor more junior members of the team.
location: Holmdel, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $76,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Formulation and reverse engineering of skin, body, and hair care products employing general cosmetic science and laboratory principles and techniques.
- Forms: O/W, W/O emulsions, gels, pomades, shampoos, conditioners, body wash, hand soaps, mousses and OTC formulations
- Researching of new products, chemistry, and innovation driving new business opportunities
- Experience with regulatory requirements as it pertains to cosmetic/personal care formulation
- A working knowledge of formula scale up and manufacturing equipment
- Collaborate and support process engineering
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Documentation and recording techniques common to laboratory practices
- Conducts and tracks all required performance and stability tests, interprets, records and reports results
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related discipline required with a minimum 5-7 years' experience in cosmetic formulation and development
- Master of Science degree in related discipline preferred
- In depth knowledge of principles of cosmetic science
- Ability to formulate and test product formulations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills
- Prior experience in contract manufacturing desirable
skills: Chemistry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.