- Responsible for carrying out experimental work at the bench under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for developing at least one new patentable finished food application with enzymes annually that maintains or increases company sales.
- Responsible for establishing relationships with suitable food research institute (university lab etc.).
- Responsible for designing new blended enzyme products for food applications.
- Responsible for supporting Technical Sales by fulfilling customer requests.
- Responsible for entire development process for new blended products from initial phase through final commercialization phase.
- Follows GMP and SQF requirements through the company's quality management system.
location: Elgin, Illinois
job type: Temporary
salary: $30 - 36 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contributes to the company's sales and profit through the department activities.
- Collaborates with customers on improving their product recipes and processes.
- Carries out experimentation to implement product application opportunities at the bench under direction of direct supervisor or other designated personnel.
- Conducts pilot plant trials within facilities, at co-packer, customer or outside lab facilities.
- Develops joint R&D projects with customers under guidelines and priorities developed by the President.
- Interacts effectively with R&D groups outside company.
- Works on projects at the laboratory bench for 75% of workday.
- Oversees laboratory and reports issues with instrumentation, equipment, and safety to supervisor.
- Oversees preventative maintenance in laboratory.
- Maintains accurate laboratory notebook and updates on a daily basis.
- Presents experimental data clearly.
- Provides technical and analytical service to potential and existing customers to generate new business and maintain current business.
- Submits call report to the supervisor within 48 hours after visiting customer.
- Submits a monthly report to the supervisor at the end of the month.
- Implements 5S Pillars within workplace.
- Promotes a cooperative and constructive atmosphere.
- Responsible for Food Safety and reporting any Food Safety related issues to the direct supervisor and/or a member of the Food Safety Management Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Instrumental assay experience such as with GC, HPLC, and spectrophotometer preferred. Dairy protein knowledge is a plus.
- Master's Degree in a food scientific discipline is required. Phd welcomed.
skills: Analytical Chemistry, Assay Development, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), SQF Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.