Provide technical expertise and support to the Customer Contact Center by being responsible for the ongoing technical knowledge of staff, and responding (orally and in writing) to nearly 900 escalated technical inquiries per month from program participants and staff from other departments within the client. Work as a member of the Contact Center team and in cooperation with internal and external contacts using analytical and interpretive thinking, and comprehensive decision making skills.
location: Winnetka, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Provide ongoing, daily technical assistance to Customer Contact Center staff for over 530 PT products, LAP requirements, and Education events.
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to escalated participant questions via phone and email.
- Use technical expertise to the benefit of participants and callers by directing a minimum of 50% of time to responding to caller concerns.
- Perform all other tasks associated with the role of Contact Center staff as needed and appropriate.
- Conduct technical training of current Contact Center staff to ensure they respond efficiently and effectively to caller and participant concerns.
- Serve as resource for technical information within the Contact Center and back-up technical resource for all other areas of the client.
- Serve as front line Contact Center technical resource for the Code Blue process and laboratory accident calls.
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge by attending local Committee meetings and other Technical Continuing Education events.
- MT (ASCP, MLP (ASCP), or equivalent required.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills essential.
- High energy individual with strong service sensibility.
- Able to think quickly and maintain composure under stressful customer situations.
- Able to work well in a high-pressure environment with adherence to deadlines.
- Must be able to disseminate technical knowledge to non-technical personnel/customers.
- Maintain operational and technical understanding of the Surveys (including grading requirements), LAP, and Education programs to accurately advise customers of requirements.
skills: Medical science liaison
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.