The Manager, BioServices Project Management is the senior level project management position and has management responsibility for lower level project team members. Provides strong leadership presence throughout the organization driving quality science and process improvements.
location: Ithaca, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Acts as an authoritative resource regarding Project Management procedures, current regulatory guidelines (GCP/GLP), and technical leadership on the execution of studies;
- Serves as the primary point of escalation for program level issues while ensuring consistency of delivery;
- Plans, assigns, and directing work, mentoring and training Project Leader and Data Coordinator staff, and recognizing/addressing performance for all direct employees;
- Develops, encourages, and acts as a role model for a culture of delivering "best in industry" and facilitating operational excellence;
- Supports accomplishment of financial and operational goals and strategic objectives, including budget planning, monitoring, and compliance for the department;
- Works collaboratively across departments to ensure effective delivery to meet customer needs.
- Strong working knowledge of current regulatory guidelines (GLP, GCP)
- Functional knowledge of analytical techniques appropriate to service area.
- Understanding of routine laboratory procedures.
- Understanding of method development and validation of assays.
- Ability to describe clearly experimental objectives and data conclusions.
- Supervises junior level professionals, senior level employees, entry level coordinators or a combination of these groups.
- Sets long-term operational activities for the team. Contributes to departmental strategy and interprets to determine objectives to meet strategic goals.
- Provides technical leadership to lab staff and cross-functionally in the area of expertise.
- Serve as a point of escalation for program level issues, while ensuring consistency of delivery
- Troubleshoots complex technical challenges and implements resolutions.
- Responsible for hiring, training, performance management, and development of project management staff.
- Determine resourcing needs to ensure effective delivery.
- Actively participates in the development of standard operating procedures.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes and identifies need for updates to internal procedures. Leads the revision of procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Participate in discussion around strategy planning for project management.
- Responsible for harmonizing service line global project management processes, as applicable.
- Participate in budget planning process based on revenue targets and financial goals.
- Monitor and analyze operation metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring operational deliverables meet quality guidelines.
- Ensure timely and appropriate resolution of CAPA and quality incidents, quality and compliance metrics, root cause analysis and improvement.
- Manage and direct the daily activities of assigned work through appropriate delegation, technical skills training, and work supervision. Meet regularly with staff and senior management to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues.
- Screen and assign workload. Plan, prioritize and assign tasks and projects.
- Assist in establishment and revision of laboratory policies and procedures. Maintain appropriate control and quality assurance procedures.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency.
- Ensure compliance and keep abreast of new industry and regulatory developments.
- Ability to interact with external and internal clients, and work to objectives/timelines
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Ability to give and follow verbally communicated instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and teamwork. Participate in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.