job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Located in 100 countries, our longtime partner is known for being the world's largest producer of vaccines and for covering seven major therapeutic areas. To be a part of the science that is changing the world, apply now!
location: Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $26.44 - 31.10 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- The candidate will be a member of the Viral Technology Flu support lab team and will be responsible for assisting with the execution of experiments within the process development laboratory.
- The candidate for this position will need to become trained on applicable production operations on the unit operations in the lab as well as general laboratory procedures.
- Following training, the candidate will be expected to independently execute assigned experiments with minimal direction from laboratory supervision.
- Key responsibilities will include: Perform technical process operations for developmental lots.
- Execute process unit operations including: tangential flow filtration, centrifugation (continuous and batch), virus inoculation and propagation, and sterile filtration.
- In order to support process development operations, candidate will also be required to support various lab functions such as: Solution and buffer preparation.
- Equipment cleaning, assembly, and sterilization. Sampling, sample login, transfer, and logging of results.
- General lab duties such as general housekeeping and cleaning and inventory management.
- Identify production issues and relays them to the laboratory management.
- Ensure all required paperwork is complete, accurate and done in a timely manner to ensure a quality product.
- Participation in cross-functional teams, where necessary, to assure correct performance of process operations and working with management to resolve process operations issues.
- Follow all procedures put into effect to ensure your safety as well as the safety of others.
- Participate in safety meetings, report all safety issues, concerns, incidents and near misses to the team leadership.
- Follow good documentation practices to record all activities performed and data generated in production of developmental experiments.
- The primary shift will be standard business hours, however, experiment schedule will also require overtime and off shift work
- Two years of university in a scientific discipline plus experience in Vaccine, Biologic, or Pharmaceutical manufacturing or development or Bachelor's Degree/Undergraduate Degree in scientific discipline plus experience in Vaccine, Biologic, or Pharmaceutical manufacturing or development.
- Preferred BS/BA Chemistry or Life Science.
- Years of Experience: 3 - 6 Years
- Experience in working in a Pilot Plant and/or cGMP manufacturing environment. Sample coordination and execution of Validation Protocols are preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skill, including flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with biopharmaceuticals, vaccines process development, or laboratory scale execution of tangential flow filtration, centrifugation (batch and continuous), cell culture.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills, ability to multitask, and work in a dynamic environment. MS Office 2010 or higher.
skills: MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.