One of the largest pediatric medical centers in New England is actively seeking (1) Biorepository Operations Manager
starting ASAP!! This will be a temporary role to cover a leave of absence and will last for 6/7 months into the fall. The work schedule Monday - Friday, and may require some weekend flexibility based on experiment/lab needs. The Biorepository Manager will be responsible for:
Overseeing the planning, designing, and implementation of the Biorepository, under the direction of the Director and developing and overseeing a robust institutional processing/storage/retrieval system and facility that will provide quality control, efficiency, long-term stability, and wide access to the samples. Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to are as follows:
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develops and implements procedures/processes/protocols for sample processing, collection, storage, and appropriate access for research purposes.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory and hospital policies and guidelines around the procurement and storage of human samples.
- Works to roll out Gene Patient Partnership (GPP), an initiative, in order to pilot some aspects of the larger Biorepository.
- Develops and manages budgets with the Executive Director of the Biorepository.
- Develops the infrastructure and logistics around the inclusion of individual investigator sample repositories currently residing in different locations across the institution.
- Oversees the ongoing operations around the collection, processing, storage, and retrieval of tissue samples.
- Oversees staff management; to include hiring, performance appraisal, goal setting, salary administration, and training and development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care or other appropriate field of study and 5 plus years experience in tissue banking management.
- General knowledge of biorepositories, sample collection and processing.
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills.
- Track record of strong attention to detail and organization.
- Knowledge of federal and state statutes and guidelines related to tissue donation and storage.
skills: Clinical research, Administration, Cell Cultures, Sample Collection, Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.