Receives and prepares samples for laboratory analysis and tests. Prepares samples, sets up instruments, runs tests and reads, interprets and releases results.
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions.
location: Levittown, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,360 - 39,520 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
- Process samples and prepare samples for send out.
- Perform all required quality control per QA guidelines.
- Train on all areas to include Specimen Processing, Chemistry, Hematology, UA and Coag according to all SOP's.
- Oversee the entering and releasing of results.
- Responsible for the performance of tests such as Hematology -Urinalysis, PT, PTT, CBC, Avian CBC, Cytology and Manual Differentials.
- Read UA slides at a minimum rate of 45 per hour.
- Responsible for the performance of tests such as Chemistry -Olympus, T4-Olympus, CBC-Advia, Progesterone, PT, PTT, Platelet count, Reticulocytes and UA.
- In 24-hour laboratories, may also be responsible for the performance of tests such as Serology - FCV, HWAB, Accuplex, HW, FELV, FIV-IFA, all other IFA testing as required and FIV EIA test results.
- In 24-hour laboratories, may also be responsible for the performance of tests such as Parasitology - required fecal testing, which may Giardia ELISA setup and testing and other miscellaneous test.
- Participate in all departmental training programs.
- Reconcile pending list.
- May be asked to participate in enterprise initiatives, special projects, and other duties as assigned.
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every employee has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards.
- Associates/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology OR MLT Degree in related field with a minimum of 1 year clinical laboratory experience in Hematology
- Laboratory skills and experience
- General science background
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Personal computer skills, strong typing ability, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Sample Preparation, Sample Testing, Sanitation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.