The Bakery Supervisor is responsible for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in the bakery department.
location: Schaumburg, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Conducts monthly production and safety meetings.
- Participates in all internal and external audits.
- Inspects products to verify conformance to customer specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines to meet product specifications.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes bakery production and assist workers with resolutions.
- Maintains time and production records. This includes, but is not limited to, all related variance, labor, and production reports.
- Consistently evaluates formulas, specifications, and processes (oven settings, proffer settings, freezer settings, mixing times, mixing temperatures, etc.) to ensure that final product is meeting customer requirements.
- Recommends changes in written format to update internal related paperwork.
- Verifies and inspects proper material usage.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Coordinates inspection, operation, maintenance, and sanitation of all related work areas.
- Supervises the department function and processes.
- Supervises department for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Oversees the work activities and professional training and development of 25-70 direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management or related field preferred.
- Associate's Degree Required.
- Three (3) years Food Manufacturing Experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year Supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in a food facility preferred.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility with employees.
- Ability to influence and promote change on all levels of the organization.
- Sound technical skills, logical ability, and strong problem analysis and resolutions skills with a strong operational focus.
skills: Food Product Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.