In this role, you will lead Plant Procurement, directly and through the team, responsible and accountable for the procurement activities, including supplier identification and selection, ordering, follow-up and process control, while ensuring that internal customer requirements for materials/goods and services are achieved in a timely manner at the lowest total cost and in direct conformance with the policies and procedures.
Develop, implement and sustain procurement plans and strategies for that are directly supportive of global procurement business objectives and professional/ethical business practices. Drive plant consistency of the globally harmonized procurement responsibilities and processes, while establishing and implementing best practices.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Temporary
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Have overall responsibility and accountability for seamless, smooth provision of the goods and services supply of our facilities.
- Fully understand and have a deep knowledge of the local landscape of the supply market for goods and services in terms of supplier base, technologies, competitive environment, market trends and cost drivers.
- Support the Plant Procurement team applying globally harmonized processes and execute sourcing Plant Procurement initiatives to deliver optimal total cost of ownership, consolidate supplier base and drive efficiency through the chosen solutions, together with a multitude of stakeholders at various levels. Provide proactive management of critical issues with suppliers. Inform and coordinate communication with functional leadership on major supplier issues with recommendations for resolution.
- Find and implement strategic sourcing solutions previously unknown to the company, or previously known but not actioned.
- Directly and through the team, negotiate contracts with suppliers. Fully understand and negotiate the structure and terms of common contracts and business models.
- Identify and assess risks and benefits of sourcing decisions and clearly present proposals to mitigate risks collaboratively, ensuring sustained product supply-quality-compliance.
- Directly and through the team, act as first escalation point if problems with suppliers arise. Coordinate resolution of supplier performance issues.
- Contribute to the annual budget process by providing reliable cost estimates and realistic forecasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions, and all safety rules.
- Ensure adequate protection of confidential information and documentation. Restrict access to confidential information. Ensure that key operational and essential documentation files are properly stored.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technical curriculum, or non-academic Bachelor of Business Administration
- Minimum 8 years of experience in sourcing, supplier, category management, or related functions
- Supplier and contract management experience
- Experience in SAP (MM) and MS Office
- Master's degree in a Business or Technical curriculum, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of progressive business experience in sourcing, supplier, category management or related functions, preferably with chemical industry or pharmaceutical industry background.
- Supply Chain or Procurement Certifications
- Proficiency in one additional language
- Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
- Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.