Global leader in rapid diagnostic tests based in northern MA is actively seeking a high skilled Technical Service Representative
to start immediately in a temporary role which could lead to a permanent hire. The company has achieved a reputation through their commitment to developing reliable, simple and innovative technologies that meet (and even foresee) customer's needs. The company works closely with regulatory agencies to obtain validations, and are used as the diagnostics testing supplier of choice for many and can easily customize a solution for our customers' needs. As a company built on innovation, the company continues to lead the way in providing cutting edge tests to meet the most demanding requirements.
The Technical Service Representative
is a professional, exempt position that requires troubleshooting of test kits, equipment, and software. The Technical Service Representative reports to the Technical Service Management Team. The position is responsible for responding to calls and emails of a technical nature from customers and international distributors and assisting them with in-house training. This position is also in charge of helping to support our team of domestic Sales Representatives.
location: Lawrence, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $26.44 - 31.25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues; monitor the trending of calls, report and validate reoccurring issues or needs from existing customer base.
- Uses discretion to achieve timely solution of problems in order to ensure customer satisfaction, eliminate downtime and prevent cost overruns.
- Troubleshoot equipment and test kit performance.
- Assist with in-house trainings for customers and international distributors.
- Conduct onsite training and service for customers predominantly in New England.
- Perform laboratory functions/analysis in kit performance, customer sample analysis, and some R & D validation of procedures.
- Assist sales department with demos/sales visits/trainings. Assist customer service department.
- Assists with International distributor and customer trainings; conducts training webinars; assists in developing training materials and new product releases.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures as needed. Write and edit operator manuals, competitor analysis, etc.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is on call on a rotating schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food /Life Science
- 2 years of experience in a laboratory, technical, or technical sales position in Food Safety, Food Processing, Agribusiness, or related fields.
- Experience with food and/or laboratory equipment and testing systems. Ability to learn new systems and provide training and technical support on these systems.
- International professional experience.
- Strong technical writing and editing skills.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Foreign language skills, particularly French. Spanish, Chinese and/or Japanese also desirable.
skills: HACCP, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, Biology, Chemistry, Food Product Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.