Microbiology Tech - 2 Openings
1st - 10am - 6pm
New Albany, OH (North of Columbus)
How many years of exp does the Mgr want? 1-2 years
Position Overview: - MFG Background
Microbiology Technician you'll be responsible for performing all phases of Microbiological testing for Quality Control and
Research and Development. The position reports into the Microbiology Manager and entails great challenges and career
location: New Albany, Ohio
job type: Temporary
work hours: 9 to 5
· Performing all phases of Microbiological testing:
o Aerobic plate counts on products, bulks and raw materials.
o Enrichment procedure.
o Preservative efficacy testing (PET).
o Environmental testing:
§ Monthly air plates
§ Weekly Water testing.
o Auditing of proper cleaning and sanitation of equipment.
· Able to prepare all media necessary for testing
· Proper documentation of all test samples.
· Monitoring and recording of equipment temperatures.
· Proper operation and maintenance of the autoclave.
· Maintain all records.
· Manage laboratory supplies.
· Conduct any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree- preferably in the physical sciences.
· Biology and/or microbiology course work preferred.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize appropriately.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Must be able to communicate problems as they arise and feel comfortable working with all departments
· Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work in a change oriented, fast-paced environment.
· Strong, Consistent and reliable attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently.
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of
position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to
undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, type
and move throughout the facility. Must be capable of using a keyboard for computer purpose
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.