Series A startup focused on the fast-growing field of fertility and family planning
is looking to hire (1) highly skilled Laboratory Manager
to manage their new facility in San Francisco CA
starting in September. The company is building a complete digital health hub for future fathers and aims to change the outdated view that fertility is a "women's issue" by creating an accessible, affordable product for men. This includes everything from a mail-in kit for sperm testing & sperm freezing, personalized sperm improvement products, tele-health, DNA fragmentation analysis, supplements, and more.
The Lab Director reports directly to the VP of operations, supervises operations at labs, and manages laboratory staff. This person guarantees the adequate operation of Labs, coordinates activities required to demonstrate application of regulatory requirements and collaborates with Lab's Research department to deliver on R&D initiatives. Beyond daily activities, the Lab Director contributes to the definition of short, mid and long-term Lab objectives, organizes the execution of this strategy, guarantees that all labs operate within agreed upon standards and validates accurate data reporting of all labs. Lastly, the Lab Director meets frequently with Lab Managers, reports on standard operations and escalates identified issues to the VP of Operations.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Contribute to the development of the company's lab strategy in line with proposed company objectives
- Guarantee the standard operations of all labs according to agree upon operational standards
- Monitor potential operational anomalies in data reporting via analysis of combined lab data outputs
- Collaborate with Research and Regulatory Affairs to guarantee lab adherence requirements
- Complete and submit all required regulatory requirements to adequate institutions
- Coordinate efforts to improve and expand the laboratory network
- Coordinate efforts to guarantee all operational lab SOPs and protocols are documented and adhered to by laboratory staff
- Complete and submit weekly reporting to company leadership
- Responsible for the overall operation and administration of the laboratory, including the employment of competent personnel, equipment, safety, laboratory policies, quality assurance, all testing (including proficiency testing) and test reports.
- Manage other Lab managers to ensure they operate according to company, licensing and accrediting standards
- Ensure laboratories maintain appropriate licensure and accreditation desired by Company
- Complete all Other specific duties as outlined by state licensure and accreditation agencies
- MD degree with approved Board Certification in Specialty/Subspecialty with California state medical license and specific laboratory directorship experience for high complexity laboratory
- PhD from an accredited institution with a degree in chemical, biological or physical science, board certified by an approved board, 4 years of training and experience in a clinical laboratory with 2 years specifically in the specialty
- Candidates who hold PhD degrees, should also possess a current California Bioanalytical Laboratory Director license from the California Board of Medical Examiners, or meet qualifications for application and licensure
- A minimum of 7 years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent capacity to collaborate and coordinate across multiple teams
- Proven track record of:
- Successful project execution
- Strategy development and implementation
- Resource recruitment, training and management
- Problem solving
- Crisis management
- Successes in getting things on time
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams of 5+ people
- Ability to rapidly detect operational roadblocks and propose solutions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Fast thinker and ability to act promptly to solve issues that mitigate risk
skills: Cell Biology, Clinical research, Epidemiology, Data Analysis, ADME, Biology, Chemistry, Cell Cultures, Health and Safety Monitoring, Sample Collection, Health Economics, Health Policy, Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.