Research and Development Associate III
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $35.80 - 42.12 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Gene Therapy Accelerator Unit (GTxAU) is seeking a committed, enthusiastic, and dependable scientist to contribute to the generation of gene therapy clinical candidates for neurodegenerative and neuroinflammatory diseases. The Associate Scientist II/III will be part of a team focused on engineering enhanced AAV vectors in relevant in vitro and in vivo models.
This role will be responsible for execution of molecular cloning experiments, with the opportunity to expand into other roles within the team. A typical day in this role might include:
1) Designing and generating DNA constructs by molecular cloning
2) Performing tasks such as plasmid purification, restriction digest analysis, PCR, sample preparation for Sanger sequencing and NGS
3) Troubleshooting cloning experiments
4) Validating and implementing new molecular cloning techniques when appropriate
5) Helping to organize and maintain lab supplies
6) Maintaining updated and organized electronic laboratory notebooks, presenting data to the team, and writing study reports
1) BS with 1-2 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab
2) A strong background in molecular cloning (restriction digest, agarose gel electrophoresis, ligation, Gibson assembly, bacterial transformation, plasmid purification, PCR, etc.)
3) Proficient in data analysis and presentation software such as Excel, Graphpad, and PowerPoint
4) Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
1) Familiarity with molecular biology software such as Benchling
2) Experience working with AAV constructs
3) Experience cloning complex DNA libraries
4) Experience with NGS technologies
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.