The EHS Associate will provide comprehensive EHS support to the manufacturing facility. This includes assisting the EHS Manager with the development, implementation, and enforcement of all EHS programs. The EHS Associate will collaborate with all levels of the organization to drive EHS performance and to ensure regulatory compliance.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
- Create and deliver EHS training programs for staff.
- Investigate EHS Incidents and facilitate root cause investigation.
- Collect data related to EHS performance and maintain EHS metrics.
- Assist with the maintenance of the US EHS intranet site.
- Coordinate the site Emergency Response Team, included team training, drills and meetings.
- Assist with EHS risk assessments.
- Perform technical review of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure EHS information is included and accurate.
- Participate in routine and non-routine internal or external audits.
- Facilitate with new hire EHS orientation in conjunction with EHS Manager.
- Assist with contractor safety training and management of contractor provided EHS documentation.
- Complete ergonomic assessments in office, laboratory and manufacturing areas.
- Perform occupational hygiene sampling and noise assessments.
- Monitor EHS CAPA to ensure timely completion of actions. Communicate with CAPA owners.
- Assist with implementation of environmental programs including waste management and air permits.
- Liaise with occupation health providers in the arrangement and maintaining of staff vaccination records for existing and new staff.
- Arrange the health and safety committee meetings and monthly H&S meetings, issuing the agenda, taking and distributing minutes and tracking any actions.
- Help promote a positive health and safety culture, leading by example by demonstrating and endorsing safe working practices
- Bachelor's degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years working in an EHS role within a manufacturing, GMP or GLP facility
- Knowledge and experience OSHA, EPA, PA DEP, DOT/IATA regulations
- Knowledge and experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- First Aid/CPR/AED training and certification
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to support 2nd shift and weekend operations, as needed
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Biosafety knowledge and experience
- RCRA waste management training
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Health and Safety Monitoring
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.