job summary: Quality Lab Tech
It's a rotating 12 hour shift (short week, followed by long week - average 40 hours every weeks) on day shift for a month and on night shift for a month. $ Morris, IL 1 st Shift - 7am - 7pm - Swing Shift Night Shift - 7pm - 7am Must be available to work weekends. Position Description
Performs quality control technician functions designed to provide direction to the
different manufacturing units to make process changes which could include blend
recommendations. Analyzes test data to support production activities.
location: Morris, Illinois
job type: Temporary
salary: $18 - 19 per hour
work hours: 11 to 7
responsibilities: Position Responsibilities
- Perform routine quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine chemical and
physical properties of products and related raw materials.
- Familiar and utilize various chemical analytical (wet analysis) techniques and instrumental techniques (GC, HPLC, FTIR, etc).
- Perform standard procedures to calibrate instruments, standardize titrants, and make reagents.
- Record data and distribute data to various areas as specified by procedure, as applicable.
- Perform non-routine analyses
qualifications: Position Requirements
- BS degree in chemistry or equivalent in college level education.
- One to three years of relevant experience working in the Surfactants industry. A strong background in Nitrile and Amine technologies is a plus.
- Strong computer knowledge especially Excel with a strong emphasis on generating charts to show analytical trending and a background using the QM module in SAP is advantageous.
- Ability to work well with others and in teams on a rotating shift schedule
- Strong work ethic with abilities to set priorities, meet deadlines and use time effectively to accomplish tasks.
- Good verbal and written communication skill
skills: GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.