Randstad is the #1 HR Services company in the world and we are sourcing for a Sr. Scientist position in the Northwest suburb of Chicago, IL. The ideal individual will serve as a scientist in the conduct of assigned nonclinical research studies of basic to moderate complexity, to include study management, interpretation and reporting of study data, and assuring the regulatory compliance of these projects. This is a direct hire position and can start immediately.
location: Skokie, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a study director in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GLP regulations as they apply to the conduct of nonclinical research.
- Participate in and coordinate all phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
- Generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports appropriate for assigned studies.
- Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies, using the assistance of senior scientific staff as appropriate.
- Function as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies, including proposal management and study scheduling, conduct and reporting.
- Provide technical and scientific guidance to the research staff.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education : Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A) or PhD/DVM preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 to 7 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and the Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations.
skills: CMC, Cell Biology, Clinical research, Data Analysis, Administration, Office Management, Assay Development, Assay Method, Assay Verification, Biology, Chromatography, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), In Vivo, Clinical Data Management, Business Analysis, Clinical Study Design, Cell Cultures, Biostatistical Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.