Exciting opportunity to join a major healthcare system as a Medical Technologist working specifically in a Blood Bank setting. Join a stellar team and grow your career with a top company here in Charlotte!
Second and third shift opportunities shifts available, willing to work with qualified individuals in gaining their certification!
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 42 per hour
work hours: 3 to 11
- Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines
- Prepares reagents, maintains an adequate supply of materials for test procedures and manages inventory to effectively reduce departmental waste/expense.
- Exercises clinical judgment in assessing priorities while identifying, problem solving and offering solutions to test systems through the appropriate department channels, i.e. contacts hotline to troubleshoot with a specialist when necessary to resolve the issue or set-up service when appropriate.
- Maintains clear, real time communications shift-to-shift and with leadership regarding issues, concerns and problems which may affect patient care or the operation of the department.
- Assists with review and revision of procedures and documentation
- Bachelor's degree required, MT, MLS or equivalent registry eligible. MT (ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or equivalent required within one year of hire.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to operate in a high-stress environment
skills: LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.