job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With therapeutic areas that include Oncology, Vaccines, and Rare Diseases, our partner aims to make treatments streamlined, easily accessible, and globally produced. If you share their goal of approaching healthcare in a novel way, look no further - apply for your dream job now!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $35.85 - 42.18 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- We are seeking an independent and dynamic individual to join the NGS Technology Center. This role will be to apply molecular biology methods - mostly with NGS technology readout - to biological project questions across different research areas (e.g. Rare Disease, Inflammation & Immunology, Internal Medicine) and Partner Lines at 's Kendall Square research site.
- This individual will interface with a diverse set of colleagues to support the application of NGS technologies to the portfolio across all active therapeutic areas from preclinical to clinical samples.
- This individual will carry-out all laboratory in-house NGS assay experimentation and development including the design and execution of laboratory experiments and testing programs, evaluate test data, as well as prepare associated documentation and reports.
- This person will also interface with computational biologists to carry out upstream QC and initial processing of NGS data. The successful candidate must be technically skilled to perform sample collection/ handling, tissue dissociation, isolation of RNA or DNA from tissues and cells and be excited to inquire about and apply the latest and most cutting edge molecular biology technologies.
- Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills in experimental design are a must.
Bachelors and or Masters degree
Associates degree plus 15 yrs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.