job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: Worcester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $28.00 - 31.26 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- This position is in the Purification Group of BioProcess Development Department at the Company Bioresearch Center. The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development. Responsibilities, under the supervision of a scientist:
- The candidate can develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies; can perform basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks.
- The individual can perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- As appropriate, the candidate may supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry or biology with typically 0-2+ years of work experience with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques
skills: HPLC, Biology, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.