Randstad is the #1 HR Services company in the world and we're sourcing for a Senior Research Associate for the San Francisco Bay area. As a Senior Research Associate in you will work with members within the team and interface with multiple teams including clinical operations, process engineering, technology development, and bioinformatics. An ideal candidate would have experience with NGS sample preparation with automated platforms in a regulated environment with a quantitative mindset and ability to segment complex problems into actionable solutions. You will be hands on in the lab supporting IVD/LDT products related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, and monitoring of cancer. This is a contract position and can start immediately.
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze data and troubleshoot issues
- Identify areas for improvement in assay work streams; propose and test solutions
- Present data, proposals, and progress in various forums; contribute to technical discussions
- Conduct nucleic acid extractions with automated systems
- Perform sequencing sample preparation using liquid handling platforms
- Operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to thrive in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Enjoy working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- 4+ years of related experience (industry experience preferred)
- Hands-on experience with automated nucleic acid extraction and sequencing sample preparation is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is a must
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Hands-on experience in running sequencing platforms and assays is a plus
- Operational experience in industrial setting in genomics field is a plus
- Experience with data analysis tools
- Local candidates in San Francisco Bay area are preferred
- BSc. or MSc. in Bioengineering (preferred), Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
skills: Administration, Assay Method, Assay Verification, Biology, Biostatistical Analysis, Biomedical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.