Randstad is the #1 HR Services Company in the world and we are sourcing for a Senior Research Associate - Data Generation in the San Francisco Bay area. As a Senior Research Associate supporting product and technology development, you will work with members within the team and interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, and bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab and be required to use existing assays and/or assay prototypes to generate data in support of new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays. This is a contract position and can start immediately.
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Run sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment using automated or semi-automated workflows
- Troubleshoot error modes in a clinical laboratory setting
- Maintain appropriate inventory of lab supplies
- Bring a can do attitude to solve new and challenging problems in a high pace environment
- Train junior team members
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams, be able to present updates, write reports and SOPs, and contribute to technical discussions
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Solid foundation in laboratory techniques including sample preparation for NGS
- The ability to handle biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is a must
- Hands-on experience in running sequencing platforms and assays
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction and sample preparation
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment to accomplish large projects
- Demonstrated ability to document and communicate scientific data to an interdisciplinary audience
- Ability to adapt and be successful in a fast-paced environment
BS or MS in biology, chemistry or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
skills: ADME, Assay Development, Assay Method, Biology, Chemistry, Application Development, Biostatistical Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.