As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $50.71 - 59.67 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The successful candidate will perform technical development activities with heavy emphasis on bench scale small molecule pharmaceutical Science Department.
1. The ideal candidate will help strengthen biopharmaceutics function and support pharmaceutical CMC activities, including:
- Responsible for dissolution method development and testing including in vitro methodologies via compendial dissolution apparatuses (USP apparatus I-IV) or non- compendial dissolution apparatuses (biphasic dissolution, artificial stomach-duodenum model, etc.)
- Performing and optimizing analytical experiments for drug product characterization
- Laboratory support for preformulation/formulation development
2. Demonstrated knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as: solubility, dissolution, disintegration, HPLC, (Powder X-ray diffraction, DSC, TGA, Raman and FTIR analysis, Particle size, polarized light microscopy, moisture sorption analysis), salt and polymorph screening and characterization for small molecule drug candidates.
1. Background in Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical sciences, or related science. Strong lab-based knowledge of chemical and physical properties characterization of drug substance and drug product. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good problem-solving abilities; ability to excel in a dynamic project environment.
2. Performing in vitro methodologies via compendial dissolution apparatuses (USP apparatus I-IV) or non- compendial dissolution apparatuses (biphasic dissolution, artificial stomach-duodenum model, etc.) to inform formulation development are essential
3. Experience/knowledge in formulation development, drug delivery and pharmacokinetics are highly desirable
4. Problem solving, either independently or with assistance pertaining to extraction and/or instrumentation problems.
1) PhD in chemistry, pharmaceutics, or materials science with 0-3 years' experience
2) MS with 2 years' experience
3) BS with 4 years' experience
skills: CMC, Chemistry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.