Optimization and implementation of novel TR-FRET based assay, initially to assess inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2/ACE2 binding. Direct activities to support analytical and clinical validation for transfer of assay to a CLIA laboratory for clinical diagnosis.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
- Plan and execute scientific investigations to support the development of a TR-FRET based assay.
- Design and execute validation tests for new assays, instrumentation and methodologies with full documentation to support regulatory approvals.
- Assist with the development of robust assay protocols and procedures, with a focus on process efficiencies.
- Manage and support lab team and resolve technical and workflow issues to ensure timely project delivery.
- Generate reports pertaining to assay development and progress for senior management.
- Provide training and guidance to newly recruited employees as required.
- PhD Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field and 3-5 years of industry experience.
- MS Molecular Biology, Chemistry or related field and 5-7 years of industry experience.
skills: Assay Development
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.