The Senior Development Chemist - Aerospace is responsible for the formulation, research, and development of new products in the Aerospace market.
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Responsible for staying abreast of technical innovations in the Coating's Industry.
- Provide expertise to R&D personnel in areas of formulation, pigmentation, and vehicle systems.
- Report progress on projects to Management on a weekly basis or more often as needed.
- Develop new products for Aerospace customers per their requirements
- Develop products and solve technical issues without direction
- Exercise wise discretion when solving challenges
- Provide technical assistance for existing accounts
- Build knowledge of analytical methods for solving problems
- Train production and quality control personnel
- Resolve questions and concerns regarding customer needs and production problems.
- Exhibit demonstrated decision-making abilities
- Plan activities for support personnel
- Evaluate individual performance and recommend corrective action or commendation to Management, as needed.
- Preferred education level: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Chemistry; or demonstrated experience and ability in new coating product development
- Preferred experience level: 5 plus years' direct experience in an industrial manufacturing environment developing, formulating, and testing new and existing coatings technologies
- Experience with laboratory testing and coating application equipment
- Strong design of experiment skills and demonstrated ability to evaluate results and make product adjustments necessary to meet project objectives.
- Must be a high energy, results driven individual with excellent communication, computer, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with the proactive problem- solving skills and work ethic necessary for timely completion of assigned projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.