The Production Supervisor - Large Batch is responsible for overseeing the manufacturing functions to ensure customer satisfaction in both quality of product and on-time delivery while maintaining company standards as relates to safety, cost control and processes.
location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 11 to 7
- Organizes and schedules the department's production activities
- Assigns work to the department operators
- Works with the Large Batch Manager on cost control of repair and operating supplies, waste generation, labor costs and other areas that may be assigned
- Trains new operators on department operations
- Conducts regular training for existing employees to ensure employee growth
- Conducts training to comply with safety regulations
- Responsible for adherence to safety rules by all direct reports, promoting safe work practices, coaching and any necessary safety training required in addition to that provided by the corporate safety trainer. Also is responsible for stopping and reporting any safety violations when observed throughout the facility.
- Champions safety and housekeeping initiatives and communicate them to all employees
- Monitors quality of products produced to ensure adherence to company standards
- Preferred education level: Associate's or two-year college degree or equivalent
- Preferred experience level: Two to four years of experience in manufacturing environment, preferably chemicals or coatings
- Prior supervisory experience helpful, but not required
- Forklift certification strongly preferred
- Exemplify core values, i.e. Integrity, Loyalty, Passion, Commitment, and Respect
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook), ERP system and other office machinery
- Works well in a team environment
skills: Manufacturing Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.