Randstad is the #1 HR Services Company in the world and we are sourcing for a Quality Control Technician in the Louisville, KY area. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for performing standardized qualitative and quantitative tests on work-in-process and finished products to ensure compliance with company and/or customer quality standards. This is a contract role and can start immediately.
location: Louisville, Kentucky
job type: Contract
salary: $15 - 17 per hour
work hours: 3 to 11
education: No Degree Required
- Make batch adjustments to meet specification.
- Fill out all documents as necessary to support batching operation.
- Identify potential problems and correct the situation or notify supervisor.
- Conduct organoleptic and analytical tests at various stages of compounding and packaging to ensure compliance with standards. May include the use of pH meters, CarboQC, Titrator, and other instrumentation.
- Monitor elements of HARPC program by conducting RPC checks at prescribed frequencies.
- Submit samples for microbiological testing, maintains test results, and calculates batch adjustments for certain products.
- Approve batches for packaging and conforming finished product for shipment and places non-conforming product on hold for further analysis.
- Make corresponding inventory movements in SAP.
- File and maintain retained samples.
- Calibrate, clean, and maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Prepare reagents and solutions for use in testing.
- Observes conditions and practices in compounding, packaging, and finished goods storage areas, making recommendations for improvement.
- Perform other job related duties, as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to comprehend standard operating procedures and departmental processes.
- Self-starter and good decision making skills.
- Ability to manage personal safety and environmental concerns throughout production environment.
- Ability to stand, push, pull, stoop, bend, climb, and walk up/down steps repeatedly throughout duration of shift.
- General PC competencies and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task to meet production demands.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED). Can be waived for internal candidates.
- 3 years of related Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Experience in a high speed food manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Ability to stand for duration of shift
skills: Quality control, SOP, Quality Assurance, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.